Thursday, January 6, 2011

True Friendship

Happy New Year!!!

Clearly I'm late but with month end reports and tasks due at work I've actually had pretty long nights in the office. I'm awake early for some reason hence I decided to make a quick little post before heading out.

So I guess I like surprises... good surprises I probably should say (like the rest of the world). My surprise came this week when a really good friend of mine surprised me with a Christmas gift. The reality is that we've never actually exchanged Christmas gifts in the past so as you can imagine I was caught off guard. It was a thoughtful gift - something I had jokingly commented about but I really wasnt thinking seriously about it and I really liked it. My excitement was not really about the gift but about the thoughtfulness behind that gift and in a weird way it made me really appreciate our friendship. This brings me to my point - Friendship.

My mom told me once that i am not the call on people every week to see how they are doing or the lets spend a whole lot of time with everyone type of person. I have my moments when I play catch up and then I keep track on random places - So with my gf MPB and AJ for example, we dont talk often, after all we have really busy lives and random schedules but when we do talk, we catch up for like hours (pretty much from the last place we left off) and whenever we can, we try to meet up too.

I have also learned that my different friends and I have very different things we like to share... some friends and I connect more with regards to finance, investing and saving, some just socially :), some academically, some for sports, some for a combination of things.

Just as I surmirized my relationship to a friend this week, I appreciate that I can talk about Sports, Shopping, Finance,Investments, Relationship, Faith/Religion in the span of 45 minutes and dont feel that I am forgetting anything. I guess I truly appreciate thoughtful people

2 comments:

neuyogi said...

awww i got a mention in the blog....i rock!

Jade said...

yeah... feel special :)