Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friends Setting You Up

I've realized that as more people that I know get married, they feel the need to pair me and all their other single friends up with other people that they know. And for some reason it seems that every time someone has suggested a new guy to me, I've just never been able to picture myself with that person.

1) I wonder if this is because I have a strong desire to find someone by myself. I believe that things will and should happen at the appointed time. (Not saying that people introducing you to someone else is a bad idea but I feel like it could make the friendship with the introduced seem forced)
2) Or it's that my friend's have no idea in what my tastes are.

I thinks its more the latter than the former or maybe a good combination of both.

In any case, cupid wannabes have been so unsuccessful - I remember one situation where I couldn't figure out what in the world my girlfriend was thinking when she decided to introduce me to one of her husbands friends. During the first conversation, the guy started talking marriage and I knew that CLEARLY he just wanted to settle down with anyone.

So now anytime someone mentions that they think me and one of their guy friends will be a good fit I get really nervous and respond with a nonchalant attitude. Which is exactly what I did the other day when at dinner my girlfriend mentioned that she thinks I would be a great fit for her brother. Well to confess that scared me more because I am certain people over play the good and down play the bad in a sibling - I do it too so no worries. She mentioned that he is good looking and fun loving .. pretty much a handsome version of herself. I was nonchalant but mentioned that I am open to meeting said brother.

I get back home and facebook stalk to prep my mind and satisfy my curiosity and must I say... He is handsome... :)... Mmm.. maybe there are some decent and pretty accurate wannabe-cupids. So before I start day dreaming, I don't know anything about my friends brother but I am curious :)

No comments: