Sunday, January 16, 2011

Salsa Night

I cant believe that it took me approximately 6 months to finally realize that I miss Salsa dancing. For some reason, I never was a fan of it during my undergrad days but somehow with my Latina friends from business school, I got into it. Anyway, back in B school, we would go salsa dancing about once in 6 - 8 weeks.

So as I am still relatively new in ATL, I have decided that I would shoot to do something different for every week/weekend I am in the city. I guess this weekend wasn't bad. Friday night was game night. For Sat, I somehow convinced SOJ and his Madrid friend to come salsa dancing with me. He ended up leaving us there but we had a blast.

Not sure why but I am a different woman when I go salsa dancing but for some reason I am not shy to ask Latin men to dance and I've learned that they appreciate it. Whether they can dance or not they would at least try. I've learned older Latin men love to dance and are great teachers. In any case, I ended up dancing with about 5 different people, the last 3 came to ask me to dance and the last guy was an awesome teacher. I think I now have a better handle on how to turn :).

I'm considering adding this to my every weekend schedule because I had so much fun and also because it is a work out :)

No comments: