Friday, May 28, 2010

The summer of new things - Hair Edition

So like most people I don't like to change things that are "core" to my being, looks and or personality. But with my kick off of the summer of new things, I figured I could try to do something new with my hair. After all school is out and work does not start for the next 6 weeks so if I hate the new look, I would only be at my parents and sisters crib. So basically, I can experiment :) and hide if it sucks :)

For the past 11 years, I have worn my hair in 2 ways - Mostly in braids or relaxed styled in a simple bob. In the past 2 years, Black women have gone really happy about wearing their/our hair in afros. Considering I hate being part of a major move, I didn't really quite do anything in this arena but I've always been curious to see what my hair will look like in a fro. To have this option, I decided to not relax my hair since November last year. The result is that in the mean time, I've been braided up. So anyway, school is out, braids are rough and I was wondering what I could do that was not a perm. A few friends suggested a rod set. By the way, I have no clue about hair styles. I googled it and decided to try it out and after styling it, I have to say... I LOVE IT.

No comments: