Thursday, August 27, 2009

Broadway - "Wicked"

I've really never quite cared for musicals.... I think it's partly because I have a short attention span. And the thing with musicals is that I have to pay attention to every word and every word in all songs to get the full story... I like the concept of musicals but my only dillemma is that it demands my 100% full attention. something I never quite have :).

Anyway, over the summer I'd heard some really good things about the broadway show Wicked and I got an email that the show is actually live on Texas grounds. Of course I figured that would be great... So I emailed a few ladies and we went to check it out.

Now, in as much as I pay attention to detail with work related stuff, I tend to be aloof with everyday details sometimes. But maybe I'm growing up or maybe the show was just really good, but I actually paid attention. It was a very captivating story, and it tied really well to the Wizard of Oz. The lighting, costumes, music selection and acting was really good. I guess I'm going to become a big fan of musicals now and hopefully I'll get to see more shows....

I think Wicked is worth seeing

2 comments:

TayneMent said...

Yea, heard so much about it but only wanted to see it with the original cast members (idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth). Alas they are no longer in it so I settled for the soundtrack :(

Jade said...

haha... I wouldnt even know if they gave me the original people or the fake.. I just wanted to see a good play... and it was pretty good :)