Sunday, March 23, 2008

Another Great Weekend in Tampa

Okay so after my red eye flight to make it out to Orlando and all the hard work, late nights and fun at the recruiting event. It was hard to say good bye to some of the great people that I worked with this weekend. But yep, welcome to my world. Meet people, bond with them really closely and really quickly and walk away with no attachments. Geez.. no seriously I feel like I lose a part of my emotional bond being yanked and snatched from one project to another.. Oh yeah, I digress.

Anyway, the weekend is over, and Nene (my travel buddy) and I are heading down to Tampa, 1 hour drive away, to see Ronke. It turns out its her birthday weekend and we just wanted to spend time on the east coast before I return to San Francisco by way of Dallas and before Nene returns to NY.

We drive down and meet up with Ronke and some of her friends for Sushi and a Comedy Show. We got to see Godfrey. Actually all opening acts were great and the host was too. It was fun to just be in a stress free environment… relaxing. After the show, Godfrey came out and hung with us for a while and so I got to take some really cool pictures J. Seriously I have to say that I was impressed. He is very down to earth and after making a name for himself he still acts like a normal being. I think that is commendable.

As the rest of the weekend goes, we ladies stayed up till 5 AM on Saturday just catching up and talking about the different paths we’ve taken in life. It rained for most of Saturday so we could not do too much. Went to a house party on Saturday night and we (Nene and I) left early Sunday to get back to our normal lives.

I had a great time as usual… Geez a part of me misses normal life J.. I cant wait to be staffed locally.

No comments: