Friday, July 24, 2009

Alumni Event - Pizza at La Madia

So my B-school (McCombs) held an Alumni event this weekend at La Madia, http://www.dinelamadia.com/ in Chicago. It's a very nice, romantic-ish, contemporary spot with great food and a good wine selection right in the heart of river walk. One of my girlfriends was able to attend the event with me. I have to admit that I am normally shy and I always try to avoid forced socialization events but something in me decided to go check it out and I am glad that I did. I got to meet 4 people that I bonded with and that I am looking forward to keeping in touch with.

I have to mention that the food was really really good and I found a riesling, Dr Loosen, that I absolutely fell in love with. For the first time EVER, I actually finished my own glass :).. and I paid attention to details on what type of drink it was.

Anyway, I'm beginning to appreciate foodies :) and maybe I am gradually becoming one myself...

No comments: