Monday, May 25, 2009

Welcome to Chicago

So I moved to Chicago for my summer internship last Monday. Before I came out everyone talked about how great summer time is in Chicago and I'd heard that before so I was excited.

Anyway, I arrived and I am staying downtown so my first thoughts

1. Great how do I get groceries when I have no car
2. Everything here is expensive... I've had to not buy some of my favorite brands as even store brands are pretty expensive. (I hear its mostly because I am in the city). Oh yeah and salex tax is 10.25%
3. I thought this was summer.. But its cold.. I think its been 67 degrees on average

On a positive note,

1. My apartment is in a cool location, I am a few blocks away from Michigan Avenue and Millenium park (and I'm sure a ton of other places that I am yet to explore)
2. The apartment is also great because it has a great gym and pool plus they actually have dmany different work out classes at different times.

I think I'm going to like it here as soon... I'm just waiting for the heat to get here :)

No comments: