Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My second calling

So I think I've found my second calling - interior decorating. I dont know what it is about shopping for a new apartment but I feel like with every move I've had, when I find a place I find worthy enough to call home, I get into the how-do-I-dress-up-my-apartment-to-make-it-my-home mindset. It's like every room speaks to me and they speak to me differently. But speaking to me requires a lot of time and research. For example I've been through every single Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Crate and Barrell, CB2, Macys e.t.c in Atlanta to find pieces that "wow" me

I have had this feeling for a long time but because of my travelling work lifestyle and lack of time, I get half way through putting up the basics and general necessities and forget about the rest. But considering I am at a somewhat stable place and phase in life I am actually really taking time to decorate and I am absolutely loving it.

I have to admit that this year's decorating is different. I've had to change some of my bigger pieces like my couch and mattress. In a way, I feel like those bigger pieces represent changes going on within... Mmm..

No comments: